Week 9 House Hiatus
My wife and I started house shopping recently and that’s been an all-time-consuming endeavor. I’ve managed to get a few things done though and hope to get back in the swing of things in the near future.
Also, I’ve got some exciting news! I started fiddling with Unity over the last few weeks (perhaps a bit of a mistake because now I want a lot of Unity features in my The Staff of Lewis engine) and it resulted in a tiny prototype of a game I’ve been wanting to make for a couple years. I’m looking forward to finishing The Staff of Lewis so I can start in on some of these new ideas! GIF of the prototype below!
Getting back to The Staff of Lewis, here’s a gameplay GIF with some of the recent changes. Look at those CHICKENS!
That GIF is actually a test of when I initially showed my wife the new chickens. I’ve significantly toned back the number of chickens that spawn now. Here’s a GIF that’s more indicative of actual gameplay.
- Added chickens
- Chickens can be placed in the world manually in the level editor but they’re also thrown by Lewis sometimes instead of bombs (since Lewis is a chicken master)
- Chickens peck the ground until they’re startled and then they fly away
- Added flowers
- The world needed some life and subtly animating flowers seem to have done the trick
- Added Flint (a new playable character) to the character select screen
- Tweaked the keyboard input code so menus can have debounced input
- Meaning you can move one-by-one through menu options instead of shooting from the leftmost to the rightmost option
- Finish making Flint playable
- Finish world 1-1
- This means I need to finish the game dialogue for world 1-1
- Have people playtest world 1-1